MIAMI, United States, April 3rd, 2013 – With an exclusive event at the Sony Open of Tennis taking place in Key Biscayne, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) launched ConnectKey™, a software system embedded in Xerox multifunction printers (MFPs) and a set of solutions that respond to an increasingly mobile workforce and the need for more advanced IT security across connected devices.
“ConnectKey was designed for one purpose: to simplify how work gets done in a secure, ‘always on,’ world,” said Fernando García Cantón, General Manager, Xerox Distributor Group.
“Through the MFP as a secure hub, Xerox’s ConnectKey features include the ability to scan and upload documents to cloud repositories, send business-critical documents directly into workflow processes and print securely and easily from any mobile device. It’s Xerox innovation that takes hassles out of workdays and adds more productivity into workplaces.”
Customers and partners from different countries in the region attended the ConnectKey launch event for Latin America, which took place on March 28th during the largest tennis tournament in the world outside of the Grand Slams, sponsored by Xerox.
Also present was Ben Andrew, Senior Product Manager, Data Center & Virtualization Security, Embedded Security, McAfee, Inc. as the new Xerox MFPs with the ConnectKey software will use the industry’s first embedded security protection from McAfee, giving IT managers more control and peace of mind in “bring your own device” (BYOD) workplaces. ConnectKey MFPs also have an extra layer of security with Cisco’s TrustSec, which protects data paths to and from the devices.
With ConnectKey’s open Application Programming Interface (API), sales channel partners, systems integrators and resellers can develop and embed apps on the MFP with no additional software requirements.
Work Simplified with MFP Apps, Cloud Access, Mobile Printing
ConnectKey’s solutions give IT professionals, channel partners and large, medium and small workplaces fast and easy ways to get work done, including:
- Easy IT integration: ConnectKey MFPs can be managed as a central part of the network, much like servers, for straightforward set-up and service. Troubleshooting and training can be addressed remotely by IT administrators, or self-help can be initiated with online support and videos on the front panel.
- Print from anywhere: Workers can print from any email-enabled mobile device without special software with Xerox Mobile Print or use apps with additional convenience features developed for iOS, Android, Windows and Blackberry.
- Cloud access: With a single touch – and no middleware – ConnectKey Share-to-Cloud moves documents to repositories, such as SharePoint Online, Google Drive, DropBox, DocuShare, Evernote, PaperPort Anywhere or Salesforce.com.
- Connect to SharePoint: Office workers can browse and store documents in SharePoint and network folders, or store directly to their SharePoint My Site or home folder. With a focus on ease of installation and maintenance, it’s designed for small- and medium-size businesses.
- Standard apps or build-your-own: Xerox’s App Studio will let users and channel partners customize apps that make daily work processes faster. For example, a custom app for a health insurance company could scan reimbursement claims directly into the payment system from the MFP screen
The Xerox WorkCentre® 5800 series, the WorkCentre 7800 Series, the ColorQube® 9300 Series, and ConnectKey for SharePoint and ConnectKey Share-to-Cloud will be available in the region in April. The Xerox ColorQube 8700/8900 Series and the WorkCentre 7220/7225 will be available in April.
For more information, visit www.xerox.com/connectkey.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping people be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Media Contact: Yadira Suarez, Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications, Latin America & Caribbean Region, Xerox Distributor Group, +1 (305) 260-5122 Yadira.Suarez@xerox.com
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design® and ColorQube are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.