MIAMI, Fl, November 21st, 2013– On the 10th anniversary of the Channel Awards, five Xerox products received the top prizes, confirming the company’s leadership in the Latin America printing market.
Channel Awards is an annual event organized by CompuChannel, a regional publication focused on channel distributor of products and services of the IT industry in Central America and Caribbean markets.
The awarded Xerox products are the following:
- Best Laser Printer B/W (for corporate Workgroup): Xerox Phaser 4620. It offers printing capabilities on a wide range of media and is engineered for extra quiet operation to minimize impact on busy offices.
- Best Laser Color Printer (for SMB Workgroups): Xerox Phaser 6600. Ideal for busy workgroups, it has easy and efficient printing capabilities and a high-impact printing quality; also, it uses Xerox’s exclusive EA Toner, which reduces energy consumption up to 20%.
- Best Laser Printer Color Multifunction (for SMB Workgroups): Xerox WorkCentre 6605. As the Phaser 6600, it is ideal for large workgroups. Its innovative 4.3-inch touch screen features bright, colourful icons and intuitive navigation for optimal ease-of-use. It allows to manage documents more effectively with features such as Scan to Email, Network Scanning, Scan to USB and others.
- Best MF Solution B/W For small business: Xerox WorkCentre 3045. It has a compact design for easy placement on any desktop and can connect to a Wi-Fi network. Its Hi-Q LED print engine uses breakthrough technology and enables it to be quieter and more energy efficient than competitive devices using laser technology.
- Best Scanner: Xerox DocuMate 4799 VRS Pro. It is a versatile, high-speed device for heavy scanning demands that scans up to 112 ppm. It includes the software Diamond Vision® Enterprise Edition by Office Gemini, which allows businesses to achieve more productivity and consistency when scanning large amounts of documents and transform them to usable business intelligence.
The ceremony took place on Thursday, November 14th in the world famous Viscaya Museum in Miami, gathered the most important vendors and distributors of the region. The winners were selected over 1,400 participating products by more than 100,000 Corporate and Consumer users across Latin America through an online voting process.
“The awards show the strength of Xerox Technology leadership,” said Fernando García Cantón, General Manager, Xerox Distributor Group. “I believe that this achievement supports the fact that our product portfolio offers a wide choice of functions that help clients simplify their work processes and focalize in growing their businesses. This is what we are after: help customers to simplify the way work gets done in a more efficient way,” he added.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping people be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Yadira Suarez, Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications, Latin America & Caribbean Region, Xerox Distributor Group, +1 (305) 260-5122 Yadira.Suarez@xerox.com
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/pr/xerox/rss.aspx. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, Phaser, Documate, WorkCentre, XEROX and Design® are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.