NORWALK, Conn., Nov. 11, 2013 – As enterprises look to better manage an influx of documents and data, Xerox (NYSE: XRX) has responded with new tools to print for less – and print less – while simplifying how work gets done in a secure and sustainable way.
“Work is no longer a physical place. It happens anytime, anywhere – causing both challenges and opportunities. Our next generation of managed print services helps clients take control of information while managing everyday concerns such as productivity, mobility, security and sustainability,” said Mike Feldman, president, Large Enterprise Operations, Xerox [or insert name and title of the local spokesperson].
Long the managed print services (MPS) market leader, Xerox combines technology and document management expertise with business process and IT outsourcing capabilities. The company has expanded its offerings to address the impact the “always-on” workplace, and associated content explosion, have on business productivity.
“Xerox is turbo-charging its managed print and document services strategy,” said Angèle Boyd, group vice president, Imaging/Output Document Solutions and SMB, IDC. “They are moving MPS beyond the consolidation of printers to a holistic business approach that streamlines and improves everyday work processes.”
Xerox’s three-stage approach – assess and optimize; secure and integrate; automate and simplify – is a roadmap to help bridge the paper and digital worlds.
New tools and services available within Xerox’s MPS offerings include:
- Assess and Optimize:
- Xerox CompleteView™ Pro creates visual dashboards via a web-based, interaction application providing “what if” scenarios of a client’s print environment, such as total cost of ownership, device ratios, device utilization, and sustainability metrics. Enhancements include improved solution modeling (the analysis of data so customers can view different scenarios before investments are made), support for Xerox solid ink devices, and user upload of custom pricing for non-Xerox equipment.
- Xerox Production Assessment Services review production print environments to achieve the most direct path to cost savings and efficiency. Assessments include capacity utilization, total cost of ownership, production value chain and service process maturity.
- Secure and Integrate:
- Xerox Print Security Audit Service monitors a client’s print policy to identify and resolve compliance issues. The offering includes consultative services using data collection tools and analytics.
- Xerox Print Server Management Service frees up an enterprise’s IT resources by having Xerox oversee and consolidate print servers, print queues and drivers.
- Xerox Mobile Print Solution offers secure printing via the Xerox Mobile Print app. Users can print from their desktop, laptop, tablet, mobile devices and smartphones. Additional enhancements include:
- locating public printers using GPS and maps;
- integrated cloud printing with a customer’s active directory;
- Secure Card Reader and Follow You Print solutions for a unified end user experience;
- web page printing, media selection and support for large scale global deployment models.
- Automate and Simplify:
- Xerox Content Management Services help enterprises automate, simplify and reduce paper in their work processes. Efficiencies are achieved through Xerox’s workflow automation and document management tools, as well as consultative services.
- Xerox IgniteSM electronically grades exams and produces analytics allowing educators to customize learning based on the student’s progression.
Check with local Xerox sales representatives for more details regarding pricing and availability.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping organizations of any size be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Patti Quinn, Xerox, +1-585-264-2842, email@example.com
Brian Carnevale, Text 100 for Xerox, +1-585-697-2616, firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://www.linkedin.com/company/xerox, http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
Xerox®, Xerox and Design®, Xerox CompleteView™ Pro and Xerox IgniteSM are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.