MIAMI, United States, March. 7, 2013 – At Graphics of the Americas, one of the printing industry's largest, annual combined exposition and education events in the region, Xerox Corporation (NYSE: XRX) advanced its leadership in the production printing industry, demonstrating the broadest portfolio of digital offerings available today – leveraging its heritage of innovation and showcasing the next wave of market-changing technology.
Several emerging technologies were on display at Xerox’s stand during the event, held February 21-23 at the Orange County Convention Center, Orlando, FL. Customers were delighted to see the clear dry ink samples which opened up the door for lots of new applications, and the variety of stock media showed a diversity of industry specific applications that can be met with the Xerox Graphic Communications solutions.
There was very strong interest by Graphic Communication customers in Automated Web to Print solutions from Xerox, that allows print shops to have a Web to Print (W2P) solution connected to their Graphic Communications Digital Press and keep their business running and generating profits 24×7. When a customer submits a job to the printer’s website (or even to the printer’s customer’s website) the job arrives and is processed. The system will “preflight” the job to make sure all of the elements required for a Ready To Print (RTP) file are there, and, if it passes the preflight check, the system will send the job to the Digital Press. This solution will positively impact the printing industry market, as it enables every company, regardless of size, the ability to provide 24 hour service to their internal and external customers.
In addition to this, prospects that visited the Xerox stand got demos on award- winning Graphic Communications technology, including:
- The Xerox Color Press 1000, that delivers sharp, rich, digitally mastered image quality. Its clear dry ink station adds impact to documents – running at rated speed and the Automated Color Quality Suite of tools allows clients to drive more high quality jobs through the shop and reduce costs.
- The new Xerox Color J75 Press with Xerox® EX Print Server Powered by Fiery, that automates great color, runs heavyweight stocks at full rated speed, produces a wide range of high-value applications, and integrates with offset business to complement any existing workflow.
- The Xerox DocuColor® 8080 Digital Press with EX Print Server, Powered by Fiery® with Xerox’s “Low Gloss” dry ink,that produces prints with a pleasing matt finish that looks great on every page. The automated, inline color calibration technology ensures that the DocuColor 8080 Digital Press gives consistent, repeatable colors for the highest quality output images.
- The Xerox D110 Copier/Printer, a monochrome light production printer with industry-leading speeds of up to 125 pages per minute. This device offers production print, copy, scan, and advanced finishing capabilities that allow you to produce innovative, diverse, and professional output.
- The Xerox Integrated PLUS Finishing Solution for Booklets, that takes jobs from input to finished output with virtually no operator involvement and transforms the most challenging job stream into an efficient booklet production system with one touch prepress and automatic finishing setup.
Customers that visited the Xerox stand were also introduced to software that brings business advantages for printers:
- XMPie software for cross-media, variable data one-to-one marketing, that offers solutions to help businesses create and manage highly-effective direct marketing and cross-media campaigns.
- Prisme Technologies, that provides web-to-print, cloud-based storefront solutions to the business-to-business (B2B) and business-to-customer (B2C) print-service provider.
- FreeFlow® Fleet Navigator Optimized Print Workflow for Multi-vendor Shops, which allows printers the flexibility to print the right job to the right printer, using one optimized workflow.
Since the invention of Xerography 75 years ago, the people of Xerox (NYSE: XRX) have helped businesses simplify the way work gets done. Today, we are the global leader in business process and document management, helping people be more efficient so they can focus on their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., more than 140,000 Xerox employees serve clients in 160 countries, providing business services, printing equipment and software for commercial and government organizations. Learn more at www.xerox.com.
Media Contact: Yadira Suarez, Manager, Integrated Marketing Communications, Latin America & Caribbean Region, Xerox Distributor Group, +1 (305) 260-5122 Yadira.Suarez@xerox.com
Note: To receive RSS news feeds, visit http://news.xerox.com/rss. For open commentary, industry perspectives and views visit http://twitter.com/xeroxcorp, http://realbusinessatxerox.blogs.xerox.com, http://www.facebook.com/XeroxCorp, http://www.youtube.com/XeroxCorp.
XEROX®, XEROX and Design® and ColorQube are trademarks of Xerox in the United States and/or other countries.
Prices, features, specifications, capabilities, appearance and availability of Xerox products and services are subject to change without notice.